Saturday, November 8, 2008

Preparing the Ground


The next morning April and I head north through Tri-Cities, then jog east and hit Highway 17 north past Connell and Othello and on up into Moses Lake. We get to the property late in the afternoon. The sun glows off the slope and from the road we can see the geometric rows plowed dark brown on the hillside. Beautiful. We’ll let the ground settle over the winter and be ready to plant by the first of April. We’ll have to get an irrigation system installed and get the plant holes prepared in the early spring. I’ve ordered the plants from Quality Nursery. I told them I’d probably pick up the plants instead of having them shipped. I figure I’ll rent a U-Haul truck for a couple days and use it for cold-storing the vines as we plant them.

No comments:

Post a Comment