Thursday, November 28, 2013

Trash Pickup



When they were trenching for fiber optic I happened to notice quite a bit of roadside trash that had accumulated along McConihe Road over the years. So I got some big garbage bags and spent a couple hours picking up litter along a mile or so stretch fronting Cayuse. (Interesting factoid: Most common items were water bottles, of course, followed by lottery tickets.)

Was feeling pretty righteous as the neighbors drove by. And then an elderly couple stopped and when I looked over they were applauding me through their window. Nice. I did feel like I deserved a gold star.

Anyway, I think it's important to keep the neighborhood tidy, let people know you value the place and care what it looks like. Who knows, maybe it will catch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment